World’s Hardest Game is a notoriously difficult online puzzle/action game created by American game developer Jonbro and released in 2007 as a Flash game.
The gameplay involves maneuvering a small red square through tightly packed mazes of varying shape and size, avoiding blue enemies and collecting yellow coins along the way. You use the arrow keys to move the square around each level.
The mazes feature narrow corridors, dead ends, spike traps and enemies that aggressively chase you down. Precise movements and timing are required to successfully navigate each maze. If you touch a wall, spike or enemy, you instantly die and have to restart the level.
With each level completed, the mazes get progressively more complex and challenging. The basic blue and red enemy characters become faster and gain abilities like firing at you, leaving fire trails and more.
Some particularly tough levels feature maze rooms where all four walls slide inward to crush you, revolving spike traps and enemies coming from multiple directions. There are 30 levels in total, with no checkpoints.
The minimalist graphics and sounds add to the game’s uncompromising old-school difficulty. With enough practice and memorization of enemy patterns, even the most ruthless levels can eventually be completed, but expect plenty of game overs along the way.
Game Controls World Hardest Game:
- Arrow Keys: Use the arrow keys to control the movement of the red square.
How to play World Hardest Game:
- Take it slow – This game requires patience and precision. Move deliberately yet quickly enough to stay ahead of enemies. Rushing will lead to mistakes.
- Memorize enemy patterns – Study how the enemies move and attack. After some attempts, you’ll be able to anticipate their movements better.
- Master the controls – Get very familiar with how your square moves with the arrow keys. Finesse your movements to navigate tight spaces.
- Find optimal paths – Scan each level to find the most efficient route to the goal while avoiding enemies. The quickest path isn’t always the safest.
- Utilize walls and gaps – Enemies can’t pass through walls or occupy the small gaps between spike traps. Use these to create space and defend yourself.
- Lure enemies – You can manipulate enemies to create openings by luring them toward you then changing direction quickly.
- Take breaks – Walk away for a bit if you get frustrated. Come back with a fresh mindset. Getting impatient leads to losing focus.
- Learn from deaths – Each failed attempt provides valuable knowledge about the enemies, maze layout and timing. Put those lessons into practice on the next try.
- Focus – Tune out all distractions and give the game your full concentration. One small mistake can instantly kill you.